Brewing coffee with an AeroPress is a simple and efficient process that produces a smooth and flavorful cup of coffee. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make a delicious coffee using an AeroPress:
- Aeropress coffee maker
- Aeropress filters
- Freshly roasted coffee beans
- Kettle or hot water source
- Heat water: Boil water and let it cool for about 1 minute so it reaches the ideal temperature of 195-205°F (90-96°C).
- Grind coffee beans: Using a coffee grinder, grind 20-22 grams of coffee beans to a medium-fine grind size.
- Assemble the Aeropress: Put the Aeropress onto the scale and place a paper filter in the cap. Rinse the filter with hot water to remove any paper taste.
- Add coffee: Put the ground coffee into the Aeropress chamber and tap it gently to level the bed.
- Wet the coffee: Pour just enough hot water to saturate the coffee grounds and let it sit for 30 seconds. This is called blooming and helps release trapped gases from the coffee, resulting in a better extraction.
- Add more water: Fill the Aeropress to the top with hot water, making sure to avoid overflowing.
- Stir: Use the stirrer to mix the coffee and water for about 10 seconds.
- Press: Slowly press down on the plunger to extract the coffee. It should take about 20-30 seconds to press all the way down.
- Serve: Pour the coffee into a mug and enjoy!
By following these steps, you will be able to brew a delicious cup of coffee using an AeroPress in just a few minutes. If you prefer stronger or weaker coffee, you can adjust the amount of coffee or water you use.